lucernhammer : Electromagnetic Signature / Radar Cross Section Prediction
[ Overview |
lucernhammer MT |
[ FAQ |
Ordering Information ]
lucernhammer is a state of the art electromagnetic signature prediction code suite, used for the prediction
of scattered far-zone electric fields and radar cross section (RCS) of realistic radar targets. It is used by U.S. Government
agencies and its contractors in areas such as ballistic missile defense (BMD), automatic target recognition (ATR), inverse SAR (ISAR)
image generation, low-observable (stealth) target design and more. It also comprises an ideal software platform to be used in
many areas of research in the field of Computational Electromagnetics (CEM).
Code Suite Details
The lucernhammer software suite comprises the following software tools:
- lucernhammer MT: High-frequency RCS solver tool. Uses Physical Optics (PO),
Physical Theory of Diffraction (PTD), Shooting and Bouncing Ray (SBR) methods.
- Serenity: State of the art, low-frequency RCS solver tool. Uses three-dimensional
Method of Moments (MoM) technique with EFIE/MFIE/CFIE integral equations and RWG basis functions. It implements highly optimized
implementations of the Adaptive Cross Approximation (ACA) and Multi-Level ACA (MLACA), which perform a direct block-LU factorization and solve of the
MoM matrix system in compressed form. This allows the treatment of electrically large problems that were impossible to solve
via MoM until recently.
- Click here for a short briefing describing the Serenity ACA solver.
- A fast, GPU-accelerated version of the Serenity ACA/MLACA solver is available for NVIDIA CUDA capable GPUs.
- A massively parallel version of the Serenity ACA/MLACA solver is available for large, distributed memory systems using MPI.
- Galaxy: Low-frequency RCS solver tool. Uses Body-of-Revolution
Method of Moments (MoM-BoR) technique. Suitable for simulation of rotationally symmetric objects, such as
reentry vehicles. Also suitable for generating RCS of objects to compare to other codes, such as spheres,
ellipsoids, cylinders and frustums.
- Orion: Three-dimensional scattering center generation tool. Uses high-frequency methods and the one-look SAR algorithm.
- Lyra: A ground and slant-plan SAR image generation tool. Uses high-frequency methods and the one-look SAR algorithm.
Click here for an example of the imaging capabilities in Lyra.
- M3D: Tool for manipulating and modifying geometry files.
- Fieldian: Post-processing tool for signature, RCS and scattering center files.
- Emerald: OpenGL geometry model viewer
Download the Windows and Linux binaries for free
The lucernhammer code suite is written in the C++ programming language, and is parallelized for multi-CPU shared memory (SMP) systems, as well as
distributed memory systems (clusters) via MPI. lucernhammer uses the ACAD-type facet (.facet) geometry file, so it is compatible with facet files in
many pre-existing threat model databases. For those building models from scratch, we recommend McNeel and Associates' Rhinoceros 3D for surface modeling and export. Rhinoceros has the capability and precision to create highly detailed 3D surface geometry suitable for radar cross section prediction.
Qualified agencies can obtain a demonstration copy of lucernhammer to use free and without any limitations for 30 days.
Email us for pricing and purchasing information.
Note: lucernhammer is export-controlled software. Distribution is limited to United States government, its contractors, and qualified educational institutions.
If you are a foreign national or you do not meet these qualifications, be advised there are absolutely no exceptions and we will not answer your inquiries.
lucernhammer © 2022, Tripoint Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved